Yoga for Stress Relief from Yoga Journal features Dr. Baxter Bell, a California-based physician, leading a series of yoga routines designed specifically for stress relief. Dr. Bell’s unique, well-structured program is intended to help you learn to recognize and modify your body’s fight-or-flight response to stress.
Dr. Bell’s DVD is relaxing and easy to follow, even for yoga beginners. According to Dr. Bell, “Yoga is so effective in dealing with stress because it addresses the underlying causes, not just the symptoms.”
This DVD includes:
- A stress-prevention workout (35 minutes)
- A stress-relief practice (35 minutes)
- Three quick relaxation techniques
- An in-depth interview with Dr. Bell about the physiology of stress
- An alternate practice mode that allows you to practice with less verbal instruction once you’ve learned the yoga sequences
- A built-in timer that lets you practice at your own pace
- A bonus DVD that links you to Yoga Journal articles about stress.
“Yoga … addresses the underlying causes [of stress], not just the symptoms.” – Dr. Baxter Bell